Welcome to the PTSA SPOOKY Knights – The Sequel – Short Film Festival!
Create a spooky short film under three minutes that includes a “spirited” reference to SOCES to be included in our SPOOKY KNIGHTS “The Sequel” FILM FESTIVAL!
Some inspirational ideas: spooky poetry, spooky short stories, spooky musicals, spooky comedies, spooky costumes, spooky monsters, film noir, retro, spooky “found footage” (like Cloverfield), scary super villains, jump scares, etc.
Everyone can watch the films on youtube premiering on October 30, 2021 just in time for Halloween!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Read the Rules ( See below and see forms)
- Make a spooky movie that is 3 minutes or less
- Submit your paperwork (see flyer here) and film before Monday, October 25, 2021, at 11:59 pm
- Participant Release (Everyone needs to turn this in)
- Filmmaker Footage Release (The Student Filmmaker needs to turn this in for the film)
- Film Submission Link: https://filmfreeway.com/SHERMANOAKSCESPTSASCARYSHORTFILMFESTIVAL
- Tell your friends
- Watch on Youtube (Premieres at Midnight on October 30th)
- At least one SOCES student needs to be acting and/or directing the movie
- Each film must have at least one positive reference to SOCES
- No fake weapons, no real weapons, no stunts, no fire, no profanity, no nudity, no obscenity, No drug or alcohol references
- Use of scary sound effects allowed, fake blood allowed, and costumes okay
- You hereby represent and warrant that you own the rights to the film and have permission to air the name, voice, likeness, of everyone in the movie.
- You hereby represent and warrant that all permissions of any minors have been obtained by their legal guardians.
- By submitting your film you hereby grant permission to Sherman Oaks CES and SOCES PTSA a film license to broadcast your video in all media, worldwide, in perpetuity and the advertising and publicity thereof.
- If youtube takes down your video due to copyrighted music concerns, then it is beyond the control of SOCES PTSA and your movie will not be shown.
- Qualified submissions will be on the SOCES PTSA public youtube channel