SOCES PTSA Scholarship Guidelines
The PTSA Board seeks to provide financial support to eligible students following the principles of equity and fairness. A certain amount of money is put aside for student scholarships. Please view the current PTSA budget to see how much is available within the current school year (contact the current President for more information.) The PTSA Board will evaluate scholarship requests on an individual, case-by-case basis pursuant to the following parameters:
- Only current SOCES students are eligible for PTSA scholarships.
- Scholarship requests will ONLY be considered if the student’s family has submitted a meal application during the application period for the current school year.
- Examples of eligible scholarship requests include:
- AP Tests
- Senior Dues
This list is exemplary and not exhaustive.
- The following requests are NOT eligible for scholarships:
- College Application Fees
- Non-school sponsored trips, such as the trip to Washington, D.C.
The funds released will be based on the funds available and the number of eligible students that apply. Therefore, students may receive an amount less than what they requested, up to the full amount requested.
To apply for PTSA financial assistance, please fill out the application located on the SOCES website. Applications are available to all SOCES high school students. Submit completed applications to SOCES PTSA via email (email@example.com) or on-campus mailbox. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and decisions regarding acceptance and funding will be made monthly. Students may choose to withdraw an application at any time.