Our mission is to positively impact the lives of all children and families.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental social, and spiritual education.
- Promote, build and expand parent/family engagement
- Empower and support PTA members and leaders, and:
- Engage, grow and maintain membership
- Offer programs, services and resources that meet the diverse needs of children, families and communities
- Build greater awareness about the role, importance and value of PTA
- Simplify processes and make it easier to participate
- Deliver training and materials in easily accessible formats
- Promote and practice inclusiveness and cultural awareness
- Establish a PTA at every school
- Represent, inform and mobilize members and the public to advocate for the education, health, safety and well-being of all children, with a focus on:
- Supporting the needs of vulnerable children
- Adequate funding for every child’s education
- Access to a full curriculum for every child that includes physical education, arts and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Highly effective educators in every classroom
- Standards, assessments and accountability that best serve every child’s needs
- Safe and positive school climate
- Early childhood education
- Healthy lifestyles and access to support services for physical, emotional, social and mental health